Welcome to The Brewster Baseball Association (MBWBA) Forums!!!

Defeating the Baseball System since 1973!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:23 am 
General Manager

HOT STOVE EXPOSÉ REPORTS YS9 OWNER ENGAGED IN GAMBLING SCAM?

Already under intense heat for his financial practices with team profits, Yellow Springs Nine owner John Little woke today to find himself accused of laying bets on a division rival. The team’s fans took to social media in waves, calling for his resignation, his arrest, and a few other things that we won’t discuss in such public forum as this august little journalistic endeavor.

“I totally believe it,” said Randy Marsh, the owner of Marsh Lawn Care, a small business that occasionally supports the team’s ground crew. “Little is a goddamned rich-boy Oakie who ain’t never really done much to help our guys. Makes sense that he’d be betting against us.”

“This is the last straw,” Candy West said as she finished wiping glasses down behind the bar she keeps. “We love our baseball here, you know. This whole city is about baseball in the end. We loved it when the Nine were losing, and we love it now that we’re winning. But this Little fella just doesn’t get it.” She sighed. “I mean, I guess his name is about right. I figure he’s little just about anywhere that it matters.”

The league’s offices have been silent on the issue, and to be fair to Little, nothing has been proven. The reports came from a trio of women who Little was…uh…fraternizing with after a night at an Atlantic City poker table…none of who were his wife or his estranged wives, for that matter. Why Little was in Atlantic City while the team was playing in Minnesota is also unknown.

No one is sure what the fallout will be over this revelation. “It’s not like the BBA has a no-gambling clause in its constitution,” said ESPN commentator Gail Duchovney. “But clearly this is a black mark on the team and on the league as a whole. It seems like something will have to be done.”

Such reparations would most likely come in the form of a simple fine or reprimand, though some fans are calling for the Oklahoma oilman to sell the team. “We don’t like Little men,” said an anonymous dancer at the Halo Club, "and I can tell you for certain that John Little is about as little as you can get."

In the meantime, the Yellow Springs baseball players are preparing to play the final two games in a series with River Cities, then will travel to Louisville to face one of their primary division rivals in a key 4-game series. There is some concern that the Little fiasco could become a distraction to the squad.

“We’re going to be fine,” said manager Bret Richards. “The guys are pros. We know how to let the dross fly right over us.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:01 pm 
General Manager

The way I see it, Little is a smart man and trying to profit and help the club when the Wolves inevitably win the division.

LB Surfers
FL Pac Champs: '95

Madison Wolves
JL MW Champs: '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '17, '20, '21
JL Wildcard: '12
JL Champs: '01, '04, '09, '12
MBWBA Champs: '04, '09