Welcome to The Brewster Baseball Association (BBA) Forums!!!

Defeating the Baseball System since 1973!
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:23 pm 
General Manager

The Louisville Sluggers have spent early April, smacking around a bunch of inferior opponents.

They've taken two of three from hapless Madison, three of four from cringe-inducing Long Beach, and three from four from sadsack Edmonton. They kicked off the season a little less magnificently, allowing the likes of Brooklyn and Vancouver to split their four game series to begin 2034.

"It was very disappointing to allow Vancouver and Brooklyn two wins," said Louisville GM, Genius Hopkins," But, it's very hard to get our squad to get excited about April baseball, let alone visits to Canada and Brooklyn. The boys have to wear sweaters and gloves...its just wrong. We're a playoff team. We're not about amassing counting stats in the regular season, or as we call it, exhibition games. We leave that kind of shit to Yellow Springs and Madison and Las Vegas. We hope they enjoy the back of their baseball cards. We enjoy our rings much more, I bet."

There seems to be no stopping the runaway Louisville team in April, even if they are performing at less than 50 percent of their potential. Upcoming Games against Des Moines, Twin Cities and Mexico seem unlikely to present much of a challenge to the mighty Sluggers.

"If I could play my B team, I would,"said Genius,"But I just can't risk losing my stars to waivers. But it seems like a good time to work in some of my scrubs into the lineup. Ed Curry and Ricardo Guzman and Ken Gerhart should finally get some meaningful at-bats; and hell, maybe they will form my outfield together."

Rumours

Otherworldly backstop, Antonio Robles, has been the subject of recent trade discussions with three different MBBA teams.

"I expect Robles to be gone soon,"grinned the Genius,"The main holdup has been on my end of things. I should be quicker to get back to people, but hell, when you're me, you can do whatever the hell you want."

Slugger fans should expect an underwhelming return, as the Genius has been targeting low level minor leaguers in return for the young star.

Early Season Notes

Forty year-old, first baseman, Brian Clough has twenty four hits through April 20th, and a .418 OBP

New centerfielder, Calvin Clohessey, is hitting .355 with a +1.3 ZR in nineteen games in centerfield.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:50 pm 
League Advisor

Clough is utterly remarkable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:46 pm 
General Manager

Genius, are we just notches in your BBA conquest? :headscratch: You could get more with a nice dinner and a bottle of wine. :doh:

Playing with a Purpose
awm53222@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:44 pm 
General Manager

I absolutely love two things about Clough:
1) That he's 40 and still crushing it (metaphorically)
2) That Stu has found a way to keep him on the roster and in the lineup despite high salaries and drops in defense.

I hope he finds a way to stay relevant through age 41 and his 20th season, and surpasses 3,000 hits.

:bow: Image

Paris Patriots GM: 2025 (79-83)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:56 pm 
General Manager

Clough will have every chance with me to get those last 113 hits he needs

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

E-Mail: nigel3123@gmail.com