Welcome to The Brewster Baseball Association (BBA) Forums!!!

Defeating the Baseball System since 1973!
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:03 am 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:37 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: Davenport, FL
I think the Chapel trade only worked because his popularity made him an asset. Phoenix was/is still struggling with fan interest. The $1 million that they are on the hook for will covered by increased ticket sales and they'll probably end up benefiting on the deal(growing next years budget) regardless of what he does on the field. I had thought briefly about making that deal as well. It was a very good deal for Phoenix given their specifics. It was also a minor victory for Jacksonville to be able to save a couple of bucks.

Soto is far less popular, so it's more about the player then an asset with him. There are still better players in free agency that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg in cap space. While I really shouldn't say this out loud. A trade that makes sense to me would be Soto and Cuevas + cash and a prospect to Rockville for Mata. Charm City could use the bullpen help, Rockville could use a right hand hitting 1B/DH, has the financial flexibility to take a bad contract to win a trade, and could always use the extra prospect or two.

_________________
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Brooklyn Robins
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:45 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*1B Máximo Cuevas
-Had a nice bounce back year and proved he can hit RHP in addition to LHP. Signed through next season at only $3.6M with a $3.4M
player option the following year. Solid option at 1B/DH, especially if you're just keeping the seat warm for your hot prospect.

*C Don Logan
-OBP machine. Can mash on RHP. Putting him out there to see what kind of offers I can get to potentially upgrade other spots.

Needs

*PITCHING
-What I'm always looking for. Probably have a hole or 2 in the rotation. Also need to replace and arm or 2 in my bullpen while also
upgrading the depth.

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*1B Máximo Cuevas
-Had a nice bounce back year and proved he can hit RHP in addition to LHP. Signed through next season at only $3.6M with a $3.4M
player option the following year. Solid option at 1B/DH, especially if you're just keeping the seat warm for your hot prospect.

*C Don Logan
-OBP machine. Can mash on RHP. Putting him out there to see what kind of offers I can get to potentially upgrade other spots.

Needs

*PITCHING
-What I'm always looking for. Probably have a hole or 2 in the rotation. Also need to replace and arm or 2 in my bullpen while also
upgrading the depth.
Need a SP again. -_-

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:06 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*Prospect and/or Cash
-The better the return, the more I'm willing to put up.

Needs

*PITCHING
-Looking for a non-Flyball SP.

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*Prospect and/or Cash
-The better the return, the more I'm willing to put up. Gonna be a little more stingy though after acquiring Winson.

Needs

*PITCHING
-Looking for a non-Flyball SP. Bullpen is pretty good right now, but if a shutdown RP becomes available, I'd be open to getting one.

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*SP/RP Arturo Cruz
-Plus stuff. Plus control. But the movement doesn't play in may park. Has flashes of brilliance followed by moment of disaster.
The game likes him. May be better for long relief at this point where his stuff can play up. I can make room for him, but I'd rather
move him somewhere. Team control through next year.

*DH/1B Maximo Cuevas
-Really a DH. Only on the block if I can acquire a 2B, which would cause a move to 1B for Workmand, which would push Hearle to DH.
I could keep him on against RHP if all that happens, but again, I'd rather move him for something. Comes with a cheap player option
for next season.

*Prospect and/or Cash
-The better the return, the more I'm willing to put up. Gonna be a little more stingy though after acquiring Winson.

Needs

*2B or 1B/DH (Would like to trade Arturo Cruz in a deal here. Willing to talk prospect(s) with him depending on the player and contract.)
-For 2B: Defense first but not a black hole with his bat. For anyone making over $8.6M, I'd have to send back some sort of salary to stay under the $110M. Can play Workman at 1B if I get the 2B I'm looking for.

-For 1B/DH: Someone who can hit and not suck defensively. For anyone making over $8.6M, I'd have to send back some sort of salary to stay under the $110M. Can keep Workman at 2B if I get someone who can pick it at 1B.

*PITCHING
-Can always use pitching. Another SP wouldn't be the worst thing. Another power arm in the 'pen could be nice too. No flyballers.

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*SP/RP Arturo Cruz
-Plus stuff. Plus control. But the movement doesn't play in may park. Has flashes of brilliance followed by moment of disaster.
The game likes him. May be better for long relief at this point where his stuff can play up. I can make room for him, but I'd rather
move him somewhere. Team control through next year.

*DH/1B Maximo Cuevas
-Really a DH. Only on the block if I can acquire a 2B, which would cause a move to 1B for Workmand, which would push Hearle to DH.
I could keep him on against RHP if all that happens, but again, I'd rather move him for something. Comes with a cheap player option
for next season.

*Prospect and/or Cash
-The better the return, the more I'm willing to put up. Gonna be a little more stingy though after acquiring Winson.

Needs

*2B or 1B/DH (Would like to trade Arturo Cruz in a deal here. Willing to talk prospect(s) with him depending on the player and contract.)
-For 2B: Defense first but not a black hole with his bat. For anyone making over $8.6M, I'd have to send back some sort of salary to stay under the $110M. Can play Workman at 1B if I get the 2B I'm looking for.

-For 1B/DH: Someone who can hit and not suck defensively. For anyone making over $8.6M, I'd have to send back some sort of salary to stay under the $110M. Can keep Workman at 2B if I get someone who can pick it at 1B.

*PITCHING
-Can always use pitching. Another SP wouldn't be the worst thing. Another power arm in the 'pen could be nice too. No flyballers.

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:38 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*C Don Logan
-Considering going a different direction and non-tendering. A #3-4 SP with similar team control and salary will get it done quick.

Needs

*PITCHING
-Can always use pitching. Another SP wouldn't be the worst thing. Another power arm in the 'pen could be nice too. No flyballers.

*SS

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:37 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*C Don Logan
-Resigned to a 1 year $7.1M deal. A #3-4 SP with similar team control and salary will get it done quick.

Needs

*PITCHING
-Can always use pitching. Another SP wouldn't be the worst thing. Another power arm in the 'pen could be nice too. No flyballers.

*Middle IF's

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*C Don Logan
-Resigned to a 1 year $7.1M deal. A back end innings eater or middle IF with similar talents, salary, and contract situation
would get it done quick.

Needs

*PITCHING
-Can always use pitching. Another SP wouldn't be the worst thing. Another power arm in the 'pen could be nice too. No flyballers.

*Middle IF's

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:01 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*C Don Logan
-Resigned to a 1 year $7.1M deal. A back end innings eater or middle IF with similar talents, salary, and contract situation
would get it done quick.

*LF Alfredo Salazar
-Love the guy but it would be in my best interest to shop him. I know the salary will scare people off, but it will still take a strong
offer to move him and I know there are teams out there with money. Any combo of ML player(s), prospects, and/or cash are welcome.

Needs

*PITCHING
-Can always use pitching. Another SP wouldn't be the worst thing. Another power arm in the 'pen could be nice too. No flyballers.

*Middle IF's

Bumped again after adding Salazar

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:46 pm
Posts: 2910
Please trade him to the Frick.

_________________
Image
Greenville Moonshiners/Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: 2026-Present
Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: (767-694); 2034, 2031, 2029 JLA Champions
Paris Patriots GM: 2025 (79-83)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

CCJ exploring their options and shopping top talent.

*LF Alfredo Salazar
-Love the guy but it would be in my best interest to shop him. I know the salary will scare people off, but it will still take a strong
offer to move him and I know there are teams out there with money. $60M over the next 2 seasons.

*3B Carlton Winson
-You saw what he did in Phoenix. You saw what he did when he had lineup protection here. You know what he'll do for you.
Signed through 2035 for a combined $11.4M.

*RF Aubrey Anderson
-Only 23 and signed through 2036 for a combined $15M. Big time power and a good glove.

*SP Egbert Behner
-Signed through 2035 for a combined $11.5M. 2032 Nebraska winner. He would bolster any staff.

*C Don Logan
-Resigned to a 1 year $7.1M deal. Puts up production to net me at least a Type B pick, so at least that will net you him.

*CL Wilmot Schlöndorffhttp
-Late inning arm signed this season for $5M. Will more than likely net me a Type A pick, so at least that will net you him.

*SP Arturo Reyes
-Had a career year and at 27, the future looks bright. Another guy that would bolster most rotations. Signed through 2036 for
a combined $12M.

Needs

*PROSPECTS
-Gotta come with your top guys if you want any of the studs above.

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:47 am 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

CCJ exploring their options and shopping top talent.

*LF Alfredo Salazar
-Love the guy but it would be in my best interest to shop him. I know the salary will scare people off, but it will still take a strong
offer to move him and I know there are teams out there with money. $60M over the next 2 seasons.

*3B Carlton Winson
-You saw what he did in Phoenix. You saw what he did when he had lineup protection here. You know what he'll do for you.
Signed through 2035 for a combined $11.4M.

*RF Aubrey Anderson
-Only 23 and signed through 2036 for a combined $15M. Big time power and a good glove.

*SP Egbert Behner
-Signed through 2035 for a combined $11.5M. 2032 Nebraska winner. He would bolster any staff.

*C Don Logan
-Resigned to a 1 year $7.1M deal. Puts up production to net me at least a Type B pick, so at least that will net you him.

*CL Wilmot Schlöndorffhttp
-Late inning arm signed this season for $5M. Will more than likely net me a Type A pick, so at least that will net you him.

*SP Arturo Reyes
-Had a career year and at 27, the future looks bright. Another guy that would bolster most rotations. Signed through 2036 for
a combined $12M.

Needs

*PROSPECTS
-Gotta come with your top guys if you want any of the studs above.

Bumping just as a reminder. Been gathering some info from a bunch of teams. Won't be around most of today. I'll try to respond to any PM's as quickly as I can.

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*CASH
*Prospects

Needs

*Middle IF
*Pitching

Interesting names thrown around, but I'm going to roll with what I have and see what happens.

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*CASH
*Some meh prospects

Needs

*SS
*Pitching

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:28 pm 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*CASH
*RP Jeff French
On DFA. Flyer type prospect or some cash will get it done. Still a solid RP option on an expiring contract. Just odd man out here.

Needs

*1B/DH
*Pitching

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:43 am 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*CASH
*Prospects

Needs

*1B/DH
*Pitching

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:28 am 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*CASH
*Prospects

Needs

*Mid-Rotation SP
**1B/DH
**2B

**Must be an upgrade to consider. I have solid players at the spot, but those are the obvious areas to upgrade the team.

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:17 am 
Offline
General Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Posts: 1254
Location: Pasadena, MD
bcslouck wrote:
On the block

*CASH
*Prospects

Needs

*Mid-Rotation SP
**1B/DH
**2B

**Must be an upgrade to consider. I have solid players at the spot, but those are the obvious areas to upgrade the team.

I don't have much salary room and don't really have anyone I can move to make a move with some salary work. Just looking
for a league average mid-rotation type. Honestly, someone similar talent and production wise to Tony Canales would work.
Though I'm clearly open to something better. Some of my better prospects are not eligible to be traded yet though.

_________________
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (526-448)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group